No, we do not charge you for any On-Net calls or any extension to extension calls within our system.
In addition, for the myPARTITION service model, it would not reduce your simultaneous call paths.
Yes, we have two options for handling Taxes and Taxation:
- Manually add as many taxes required at Global, Regional and company override levels
- Use our optional integrated SureTax™ system to automatically calculate and add all related local, county, state, federal, regulatory and telecom related taxes to the invoice.
Talking Platforms does not provide taxes or tax price recommendation due to the complexity, constantly changing state laws and legality issues. There are 3 ways to do the taxes:
- Manual configuration: Our system has the capability to put in any amount of taxes desired. This is included at no charge. It is up to the reseller to determine what the taxes are, what amount to collect and who to payout. Many early and smaller resellers simply collect the FSUF Regulatory Fee that we collect from them (5% of invoice amount) and general sales tax from the state. This is no recommendation or actual advice what to do, it’s just what we see from experience.
- Hybrid configuration: Below is our partner contact for an organization that can assist tax setup properly in their state or other states. They are both compliance and legal experts in the Telecom industry. They can also do payouts to any required agency from a central point. They do charge for their services and this is directly between the reseller and the contact provided.
- SureTax Integration: Our optional paid service utilizes our integrated billing/accounting system to add ALL related local, state, county, surcharge, state, telecom and regulatory fees; similar to the same process as the largest telephone companies use to calculate invoices based on the customers address and products ordered. This still presents the issue of verifying compliance and payouts to multiple agencies. The partner or reseller can do this themselves if they have the capability or utilize our tax compliance partner below who also specializes in SureTax.
Talking Platforms Tax Specialist an Compliance partner:
Judith A. Riley, Esq.
Telecom Professionals, Inc. Physical Address:
P.O. Box 720128 12316 Hidden Forest Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73172-0128 Oklahoma City, OK 73142
Fax: 405-755-8377 " Website: www.telecompliance.net
No, at this time we do not support Call Center and Telemarketing applications. We do have agent and que functionality, but these are targeted toward corporate and enterprise applications only.
We do have the capability to work with your customers who require a large 3rd party Call Center by providing internal trunking configurations.
Yes, in the United States we are fully compliant with E911 services. Each account in the standard service includes this service. E911 is the short form of the term Enhanced 911, and is used for providing emergency service on cellular and Internet voice calls.
Yes, in the United States we are fully compliant with CALEA. This is the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act. Passed in 1994, CALEA requires telecommunications carriers in the United States to modify their equipment, facilities, and services to ensure that they are able to comply with authorized electronic surveillance.
Yes, they will have all the features like extension to extension calling, call park, blind transfer, voicemail and much more. They will have customizable Auto Attendants and IVR. They will also have advanced features like call conference and visual voicemail. In many cases they will have more features available then they had before the service.
Yes, they will have all the features like call waiting, call conference, 3 way calling, voicemail and more.
No, the Talking Platforms system is built for resellers and service providers. Your customers will see only your branding and company information.
When signing up your customers for the service, you must determine if they should pre-pay for the services or pay at a determined later date. It is highly recommended to have your customers prepay and supply some sort of deposit for future long distance calls. In either case, you can set your system with a cut off point in the event your customer doesn't pay. You are always responsible to pay your Talking Platforms account charges each month.
Once you are set up on talking platforms, your service is now owned and run by you. All costs to you are shown in the billing engine including charges associated with accounts, DID numbers, line porting and worldwide termination rates. You simply markup the cost and sell to your customers. The billing engine keeps track of your customers accounts and notifies you of payment. You can set accounts as either pre-paid and/or post-paid so you know when to collect.
Yes, we have an integrated Payment Gateway that works seamlessly with our integrated billing and accounting. We utilize Authorize.net and you can choose your merchant. Depending upon the merchant, you can process credit cards, paypal, ACH, etc.
Yes, at the heart of the Talking Platforms system is an extensive billing engine designed for resellers and their customers. It provides important functions such as determining what your cost and profit are, reports and sending invoices. Many other features like billing alerts, pooled minutes, cutoff limits are also standard with your service. The billing engine also supports any resellers you sign up to sell your service.
Yes, one of the premier features of Talking Platforms is the multi-level billing engine. In effect, you give your resellers or distributors the same service we gave you, they simply mark up your prices for the same service. The billing engine keeps complete track of what they sell and what you make.
Yes, we have an advanced, dynamic fully integrated DoS/DDos protection system that we built specifically for hosted VoIP environments.
Talking Platforms infrastructure is designed with failover, redundancy, and replication throughout the network. No single point of failure exists with redundant servers, routers, and switches combined with real-time replication to a secondary data center. It is designed to provide uninterrupted service in the event a server, database, router, switch or entire data center goes down. The Talking Platforms network consists of multiple data and IP provider links from two data centers. Each of these links is capable of carrying the entire network load in the event of single or multiple link failure.
The Talking Platforms primary data center is enterprise-class with 7x24 monitoring and protection. The data center is located
in Baltimore, Maryland and provides the following capabilities, features, and services:
- 22,000 square foot facility
- Three 800kw Caterpillar Generators
- Liebert Uninterrupted Power Supply
- Dual Power Feeds
- 410 Tons of cooling
- Advanced fire suppression systems
- Compliant and PCI-DSS Certified
- 24x7x365 Operations Support Center with Onsite engineers
- Multi-Tiered security surveillance including biometric hand scanners
- Direct fiber access to multiple Tier 1 internet providers (Level 3, XO Communications and Cogent)
- Redundant Internal Network Infrastructure-Cisco Powered HA
We provide three options for support:
- Standard Direct support to our partners/resellers
- With this standard service, we support our partners/resellers as they support their customers
- Optional White Label End User support to the customers of our partners and resellers
- This service allows our partners/resellers to focus on selling. We handle all of their customers support issues directly under their brand/company name.
- Optional hourly paid services:
- For complicated configurations and requirements outside of normal support, you can pay hourly for support.
Yes, there is a small minimum requirement of revenue to generate each billing cycle. There are many choices in the marketplace that include voip providers who do not require any monthly revenue requirements, but most fall into the direct competition models where they sell to the same customers (compete with you) , low margin and share your customer models or smaller inexperienced Asterisk™ providers. Talking Platforms provides you a system that will be extremely stable and not compromise your customers to a forever churn model that may also affect your core business or services. There is a difference.